Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) requires states to report the percent of parents with a child receiving special education services who report that schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving services and results for children with IEPs.
The Iowa Department of Education is gathering these data as a census for both students with and without an IEP using a brief three-question survey.
Please use the link above to answer the following questions for each of your children. The survey will allow you to answer these questions for up to five children.
- How old was your child on January 1, 2017?
- What is your child’s race or ethnicity?
- Does your child have an Individualized Education Program – IEP?
- Did the school your child is currently attending facilitate (request, encourage, or initiate) your involvement as a means of improving services and results for your child?
- Would you like to repeat this survey for another one of your children?
The survey will be open April 15th through June 30th.
Thank you very much for your time and attention to this matter.